GreenaDu - Plastic-Free and Zero Carbon Textiles
Changing materials and business models
Key challenges he addresses are
- scaling cradle-to-cradle design across many different textiles
- keeping the supply chain in Europe.
- having a carbon footprint for every product and managing carbon emissions instead of externalising them.
- removing trade-offs between product quality („touch&feel“) and environmental impact.
- substituting cotton and polyester, which are currently dominating the textile markets by wood-based fibres (e.g. Lyocell/Tencel)
He truly believes that real premium textiles will have to become plastic-free and carbon neutral and that todays’s entrepreneurs need to respect future generations instead of destroying the planet."